Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Teaser Tuesday #2


Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by MiZB at Should Be Reading.

Here are her instructions:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Here is my teaser this week...

The Mysteries of Udolpho by Ann Radcliffe (I'll hopefully finish it soon, so it won't be too long before I post the review):

The breakfast was almost as silent as the supper of the preceding night; but their musing was at length interrupted by the sound of the carriage wheels, which were to bear away St. Aubert and Emily. Valancourt started from his chair, and went to the window; it was indeed the carriage, and he returned to his seat without speaking. The moment was now come when they must part.

14 comments:

Teddyree said...

hmm you've got me interested, that's definitely a good tease!
Here's my Teaser

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

This weeks teaser sounds really goooood. It makes me want to pick up the book and see what is going on. That carriage coming and the mood changing is wonderfully discriptive. Wow, sounds like a very good book.

I have posted my teaser tuesday this morning. Stop by and check it out.

http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2009/08/teaser-tuesday-is-weekly-event.html

Lori Johnston said...

Here is my Tuesday teaser:

http://psychoticstate.blogspot.com/2009/08/teaser-tuesdays.html

Ryan said...

You know I have never read any Ann Radcliffe before but I think I'm going to have to give her a try.

Here is mine: http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com/2009/08/teaser-tuesdays_18.html

Anonymous said...

That's sad!

Jake Kirk@Teens Read and Write said...

Very nice here's mine

~The Book Pixie said...

Is that seriously the Ms. Radcliffe I'm thinking of. Yes, yes it is. I first heard of her and this book when I watched Northanger Abbey. lol. Now I gotta read it!

~Briana :D

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

Great teaser! This looks good

Unknown said...

If you want free online books and tutorial then we provide it.
Free Online Books and Tutorial

Unknown said...

love the layout you have. great blog. i'm following you now. anyone interested, pop over and check out/follow mine. i have all things books...
xo

Jenny Girl said...

I have wanted to read this since Austen mentioned it in one of her books. Looking forward to your review!

Wall-to-wall books said...

Hi Nikola, You commented on my blog so I thought I would check you out! I like some of the books you have on here so I will have to keep coming back ;-)

Nikola said...

Thank you Wendy!

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

OMG! From Northanger Abbey! Ive been wanting to read this! Sounds delish doesn't it?!