Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Teaser Tuesday #1


Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by MiZB at Should Be Reading.

Here are her instructions:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Here is my teaser this week...

Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Dickinson (soon to be reviewed):

A few days passed without incident, which was apparently too much for my ol pain in the ass, Jessica, and my new pain, Marc. The excitement of my return from the dead had died down, no vampire baddies had come knocking, my relationship with my stepmother and father remained the same (she ignored me, he sent checks), and that was just too darned staid for my pals.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds hilarious!

Nikola said...

It is, trust me! :)

Alyssa Kirk said...

This book looks like a blast! Can't wait to read the review.
Here's the teaser from City of Bones.

"Those girls on the other side of the car are staring at you."

Jace assumed an air of mellow gratification. "Of course they are," he said. "I am stunningly attractive."

"Haven't you ever heard that modesty is an attractive trait?"

"Only from ugly people," Jace confided.

Nikola said...

LOL, that's funny!

Thanks for visiting, Alyssa! :)

Cynthia said...

This sounds like an incredibly amusing read! I haven't read anything by this author before, I'll have to look into her books when I get a chance.

Nikola said...

Hey Cynthia, it is amusing, hilarious in fact. I finished it last night and will post the review today. :)

Ryan said...

Sounds like a great book. This isn't something I would normally read but I may just have to pick it up and give it a try.

Nikola said...

Hehe, you might even like it Ryan! :)